- This event has passed.
03/05/2017 – Brasilia, Brazil. Meeting at the National Water Agency (Agencia Nacional de Aguas – ANA)
May 3, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
In the context of the BRIDGE Executive Management Team (EMT) meeting held in Brazil on April 2017, the BRIDGE team took the opportunity to meet relevant stakeholders in Brasilia. On the 3rd of May, the team held a meeting with members of the National Water Agency (Agencia Nacional de Aguas – ANA), to discuss the historical context of the water sector in Brazil, considerations about the flaws of the water planning and modeling currently in force, and the main users and water conflicts occurring in Brazil at the moment. It was an opportunity for the BRIDGE team to explain the Project for the Brazilian public sector, in order to develop further contacts and collaborations, once the project is in a more advance stage of development.
From ANA, the attendees were:
- Luciano Meneses Cardoso da Silva (Federal Water Grant Manager)
- Luiz Amore (International Advisor)
- Marco J. M. Neves (Coordinator of the Hydrology Area)
- Gonzalo Vázquez (Expert in Geo-processing)
- Alan Emanuel Cavalcante Trajano (Lawyer and Advisor for the President of ANA)
- Bruno Collischonn (Regulatory Oversight Coordinator).